Inception Meeting of AEMAS project implementation
Myanmar Engineering Society, MES (Project Partner) launched the inception meeting of AEMAS project implementation at MES building on 19 February 2010, afternoon. The personnel of government offices, business communities and NGOs were invited and altogether 23 participants attended the meeting. The country coordinator delivered presentation of a global overview of AEMAS Project and discussed actively by the participants.
- Presentation of global overview on AEMAS Project
- Discussion on formation of AEMAS National ChapterCommittee (Myanmar)
- Discussion on Objectives and tasks of Myanmar side
- Discussion on financial matters
- Discussion on project implementation and strategy
- Discussion on sustainability of AEMAS
- It was actively discussed by the participants
- The personnel from Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Industry No.2, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Science and Technology, Yangon City Development Committee, Mandalay City Development Committee, Industrial Zones Yangon / Mandalay), MES and other NGOs participated.
- U Tin Htut (Director, Energy Planning Department, Ministry of Energy) attended the meeting on behalf of U Soe Aung (Director General, Energy Planning Department, Ministry of Energy), focal point of Myanmar.
The next meeting was followed up at the same building on 19 March 2010 and 17 invited persons
- The 2nd Presentation of global overview on AEMAS Project
- AEMAS was notified among governmental departments, business communities and NGOs for implementation of the project.
On 29 November 2010, the ASEAN Energy Management Scheme (AEMAS) Steering Committee Meeting was held at Conference Room of Myanmar Engineering Society (MES) from 2:00 to 4:30 PM. 25 participants including U Tin Htut, Director of Energy Planning Department ,Ministry of Energy on behalf of U Soe Aung (Director General of Energy Planning ,Ministry of Energy) , focal point of Myanmar, U Than Oo, Director ,Ministry of Industry No. 2, Daw Sandar Thein ,Assistant General Manager, Ministry of Industry No.1, U Hla Tun , Senior Engineer, Ministry of Electric Power No.2, U Thein Shwe, Assistant Senior Engineer ,Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation, Dr. Khin Than Yu ,Yangon Technological University, Dr.Htin Latt ,Yangon City Development Committee(YCDC), U Myo Thant, Mandalay City Development Committee(MCDC), the personnel of business communities and NGOs attended the meeting. U Win Khaing, Country Coordinator of Myanmar delivered a presentation on the progress of the project implementation and Marketing Strategy, and the participants discussed enthusiastically.
-U Win Khaing (Country Coordinator) delivered presentation on AEMAS Project and AEMAS Marketing Strategy.
• Primary Target Groups
• Secondary Target Groups
• Other Target Groups
• Rationale of the target groups
• Definition of the Energy Manager as in AEMAS
• Design and work plan of AEMAS and Country chapter
• Role of EE&C SSN in Country Chapter
• Visibility of AEMAS
• Sustainability of AEMAS
• The role of EE&C SSN Focal Point and AEMAS National Steering Committee
• The role of AEMAS Country Coordinator
• The role of AEMAS National Support Network
- The meeting was actively discussed by theparticipants as follows: The Director of EPD, Ministry of Energy on behalf of the EE&C SSN Focal Point pledged the full support and active participation with MES to make the AEMAS project successful. Similar pledge were made by the representatives from the Ministry ofIndustry No.1, Ministry of Industry No.2, Ministry of Electric Power No.2, Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation, Yangon Technological University, Yangon City Development Committee(YCDC), Mandalay City Development Committee (Mayor’s office), Industrial Zone Management Committee,Hotels, Hospitals, Department Stores and other present. They all agreed that energy managers are needed to save the energy losses in most of the energy utilization. Government support, Top Management policy andHR are the most important for the success of the project and sustainability. Energy Manager should be one of the professionals with support from high level management for the future. All of the participants pledge to support as much as they can in order to accomplish the project successfully
1. AEMAS Kick-off Meeting of project partners’ at Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), on 23~25 March 2010
2. The 1st Regional Steering Committee Meeting (AEMAS) at Hanoi (Vietnam) on 10 June 2010, and
3. The 2nd Project Partners’ Meeting (AEMAS) at Hanoi (Vietnam) on 12 June 2010.
4. The 3rd Project Partners’ Meeting (AEMAS) at Bangkok (Thailand) on 9-10 December 2010
5. The Second Project Regional Steering Committee Meeting (AEMAS) at Singapore on 26 May 2011
The 1st Country Expert Training was held at Bangkok, from December 13 to 15 2010, and Myanmar Country Expert attended it.